ZX Hoist features and benefits
Giving our customers competitive advantage.
Unique hoist design with braked gearbox provides significantly enhanced safety, reliability and maintainability.
- Enhanced load security.
- The hoist brake holds the load even if the hoist motor is removed or if the hoist motor coupling, motor connection or motor shaft were to fail.
- Lower operating temperature in the hoist motor because heat generated by the hoist brake does not soak into the host motor.
- Greatly improved hoist brake accessibility.
No external hoist gears.
- Automotive quality hoist gearbox containing hardened and precision ground helical gears all of which are submerged in oil.
- Longer hoist gear life and minimal maintenance required.
- Significantly reduced risk of hoist gear lubrication failure.
No external trolley gears.
- Direct drive hoist trolley (single and double girder) with hardened and precision ground helical gears housed in a sealed gearbox with oil bath lubrication.
- Longer trolley gear life.
- Significantly reduced risk of trolley gear lubrication failure.
Long life guide rollers on single girder trolley eliminate wheel flange wear.
- Guide rollers remove the need for wheel flanges which are a big wear item on competitor hoists.
- Crane beam flange wear is also eliminated.
- The use of guide rollers and flangeless wheels also reduces rolling resistance and improves trolley control and stability.
Reaction roller eliminates the need for a hoist counterweight on single girder cranes.
- Reduces hoist and crane weight.
- Improves traction and control.
Heavy duty double band rope guide provides improved hoist reliability.
- Inner band holds the rope tight to the drum to prevent rope back up and damage if the operator causes ‘slack rope
- Outer band guides the rope perfectly into the drum scroll.
Patented safe load cut-out device prevents over loading.
- The device is situated in the hoist gearbox torque arm and therefore measures all the load the hoist mechanism is transmitting (not just the load in one or two ropes).
- Actuated directly by the load and does not rely on measuring electrical current.
Lifetime cost of ownership is the intelligent comparison and ZX technology is designed to give reduced service and maintenance costs.
- ZX open plan hoist design reduces the time and costs of maintenance and service tasks because they can be executed without dismantling the hoist.
- External hoist brake, motor and gearbox for easy access.
- Hoist gear inspection cover.
- Motor coupling inspection facility.
- Non-captive proprietary switchgear.
Exceptional electrical protection and monitoring.
- Overheating protection of the hoist motor.
- Hours in service meter.
- Protection against phase failure and incorrect phase sequencing.
- Under voltage and over current protection